The Township of Derry Winter Maintenance Plan provides effective and timely snow removal in a method that maintains the transportation system with minimal disruption to the daily lives of township residents. The plan classifies the clean-up responses by levels based on the accumulation and duration of the storm. Each of the three levels has an established action plan. The Winter Maintenance Plan requires the establishment of a snow emergency center for the coordination of snow removal and resident communication, activation of Snow Emergency Routes, and enforcement of parking restrictions.
Winter Weather Advice
- Please observe and obey parking restrictions.
- Do not allow children to play in the snow on the road.
- Do not throw snow from your property into the street.
- Place the snow from your driveway to the right (when facing the road) so that the snow is not re-deposited in your driveway when the road is plowed.
- Allow additional time for travel.
- Keep a flashlight and blanket in your car.