NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of Derry, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, that resumés and cover letters will be accepted for positions on the following Boards:
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board – Consists of seven members, two are appointees of the Derry Township School Board, and one is a member of the Board of Supervisors. Each member of the board is appointed for a 5 year term of service. The board has the authority to equip, operate, supervise, adopt rules and regulations for facility use, and maintain parks, recreation areas, and facilities.
- Planning Commission – Consists of five members and acts as an advisory committee to the Board of Supervisors in matters of land planning, subdivision, and land development. Each member serves a term of 4 years. The Community Development department must receive items being submitted for review by the Planning Commission at least 28 days prior to the meeting.
- Downtown Core Design Board – Consists of seven members who review proposals and issue recommendations of appropriateness to the Board of Supervisors for various construction/property improvement activities within the Downtown Core Overlay District.
- Shade Tree Commission – Consists of 5 members. A member of the board is appointed for a one to five year term of service. The board has the authority to increase the tree canopy by providing more comprehensive regulations for the protection, planting, maintenance, and removal of trees in the public right-of-way and other Township owned property and public spaces.
- General Authority Bonds and Financing – Consists of five members; three are members of the Board of Supervisors. The General Authority is authorized to approve any plan regarding business improvements or the providing of administrative services, or any other activity authorized by the Municipality Authorities Act, or other Pennsylvania legislation, subject to the approval of the Board of Supervisors. Members of the authority serve in terms of 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 years.
- Industrial & Commercial Development Authority – Consists of five members; two are members of the Board of Supervisors. Members serve terms of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 years. The Authority is authorized to exercise powers and undertake any projects permitted by the Economic Development Financing Law, Act No. 102, or any other Pennsylvania legislation, subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors
- Board of Library Directors – Consists of seven members; two are members of the Board of Supervisors. The Library Board is responsible for setting policies regarding the operation of the Hershey Public Library. Each member serves on the board for a term of 3 years.
- Tax Collection Association – Consists of seven members, which include members from the School District and the Township. The Association makes decisions regarding the collection of local taxes and operation of the tax office. The members of the association serve in terms of 2 and 3 years.
- Derry Township Municipal Authority – Consists of seven members; two are members of the Board of Supervisors. The Authority is authorized to acquire, hold, construct, improve, maintain, operate, own and lease, either in the capacity of lessor or lessee, sewers, sewer systems, interceptor lines, sewage treatment works and works for the treatment and disposal of industrial waste. Members of the Municipal Authority serve terms of 5 years. Visit their website: www.dtma.com
- Zoning Hearing Board – Consists of five members and renders decisions on cases of appeals, variances, and special exceptions that arise from the administration of the Zoning Ordinance. Each member serves a term of 5 years
- Uniform Construction Code Appeals Board – Consists of five members serving 5 year terms. The Board renders decisions on appeals relating to provisions of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code.
Residents of Derry Township who are interested in serving on any of the above boards are requested to submit a letter of interest and a resumé to the Township of Derry, 600 Clearwater Road, Hershey, PA 17033, no later than December 17, 2021. Appointments will be made at the Reorganization Meeting on Monday, January 3, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
All interested parties are invited to attend the above-referenced public meeting of the Board of Supervisors, which will be held in the main meeting room of the Administration building at the Derry Township Municipal Complex, 600 Clearwater Road, Hershey, Pennsylvania.