Cocoa Blast Skate Park
A 20,000-square-foot skate park located in the lower lot of the Hershey Recreation Center is a valued addition to the Department of Parks and Recreation. Adventurous skating enthusiasts from around the area now have a safe and exciting location to catch some air and ride some rails. The Skate Park is Woodward Certified and is designed to accommodate all level of users.
Whether you prefer skateboarding or rollerblading, come on out and test this professional-grade riding surface with an exclusive three-layer construction.
Thrill seekers can enjoy the following park features:
- 20′ wide x 6′ high halfpipe
- 28′ wide quarterpipe w/ 4′ high to 6′ high escalator; all with doublewide (8′) boxes
- Central “funbox” with a half pyramid, 2′, 3′, & 4′ high wedges, flat and angled ledges, and an across and down grindrail
- 28′ wide combination of 4′ high wedges and 6′ high quarterpipes
- Small 8′ wide 3′ high quarterpipe
- A “tall” and a “short” skateable picnic table and a skateable bench
- A variety of moveable grindrails
- Deluxe, vertical-rung railing on all boxes
Hours and Fees
June 10- August 26, 2017
Monday- 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday- 4:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Saturday- 1:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Cost : $4.00 per day
Opening and closing times are subject to change at management’s discretion for the purpose of the safety of park users.
Skaters must be at least 9 years-old and are required to wear helmets, elbows, and knee pads. A parental waiver is required from skaters that are under the age of 18.